Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Something, something, something...Dark Rides!

Here's a little something that, as they say on "Tower of Terror", you won't read about in any guide book (that I know of, at least). During my trip to Florida, I had time to drive up to Jacksonville, of which Mayport (my old duty station in the Navy) is sort of a "suburb". While I was there, quite serendipidously, I ended up taking a tour of the Sally Corporation. Inside this unassuming structure near the Jacksonville Landing, is a sort of "Walt Disney Imagineering", but for non-Disney parks. Been on Universal's E.T. ride? Those figures were the work of Sally.
You can check out their official website( http://www.sallycorp.com/), and enjoy some of the pictures I was able to take on my tour.















No comments:

Post a Comment